Top Ten Tuesday is a feature/weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic was All About Audio freebie. I don’t listen to a lot of books on audio, but I do listen to podcasts. Here are some:
1 & 2. Two podcasts from Book Riot: All the Books, about new book releases, and Get Booked, a show for custom book recommendations. If you want to absolutely lose control of your TBR list and be glad about it, listen to either of these two shows. Better yet, listen to both.
5. 2 Dope Queens is a great stand up comedy podcast hosted by Jessica Williams and Phoebe Robinson. Season 2 is starting today! Not a show about books, but an awesome show nonetheless. Phoebe Robinson has a book coming out, too, on October 4th, You Can’t Touch My Hair: And Other Things I Still Have to Explain, with an introduction by Jessica Williams.
6. The podcast that got me listening to podcasts: Welcome to Night Vale, community updates from a place where, among other things, librarians are dangerous. From episode 27:
“Remember: if confronted by a librarian while looking for a book to check out, do not attempt to escape by climbing a tree. There are no trees in the library, and the precious moments it will take you to look around and realize this will allow the librarian to strike.”
There’s also a book, Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor.
8. I’ve only recently started listening to Lore, a podcast about real life scary stories. Perfect for autumn. Not caught up yet, but enjoying it so far.
9. Myths and Legends is another podcast I enjoy but have yet to listen to all the episodes. It has a pretty descriptive title. It’s about, well, myths and legends (re)told in a casual conversational style.
10. The Moby Dick Big Read. Herman Melville’s entire novel read by various people, including Tilda Swinton, Stephen Fry, and China Miéville.
Do you listen to audiobooks or podcasts? What are your favourites?